Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Iguana Hunting By Hernan Lara Zavala

     This is a story about a guy who is visiting his grandparents and friends. His friends are Chidra and Crispin. Chidra is a half breed Mayan. The three guys got together and they proposed that they were going to go Iguana Hunting. They were on their way to the expedition when Chidra decided to tell the other guys tales like usual. He told them about Xtabay, which was an evil women from Mayan mythology. He also told them a tale in which he said that "he had seen a naked woman with beautiful long hair bathing in a deep pool," the day before. Crispin got mad at this because he didn't believed Chidra. But this time Chidra told him that he was willing to take them to the place where he saw her. So they went and they did found the lady by the pool. After seeing the lady they found themselves covered with ticks.Then in the end Crispin did believe Chidra and they also realized that Xtabay was not a tale just made up by Chidra too. Everything was and had always being real.
     In this narrative we can see how sometimes we have to see things for ourself's before believing in them. I am the same way because I don't believe people that just tell me things, I want to see it for myself. If I don't see things for myself I feel like I'm being lied to. I honestly liked this story. I'm not into tales so I don't believe in this one but I liked the path the author took with it. For example how he gave me background information first before throwing everything in. He also explained who Xtabay was. I would of had been lost if I wouldn't of had known who she was. Overall the descriptions of Xtabay worked very well because those were what got my attention the most ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment